‘THE MORE I LOOK AT THE UNIVERSE, THE MORE I’M CONVINCED THERE’S NO GOD’, SAYS DEGRASSE TYSON

Neil deGrasse Tyson is known for his excellent research as an astrophysicist, publishing several works on both science and spirituality. While he openly claims to be agnostic, putting most of his faith in the universe, a recent interview may be evidence that he is losing his faith entirely.

‘The more I look at the universe, the more I’m convinced there’s no God’



During an interview on CBS Sunday Morning, Neil deGrasse Tyson continued his discussion on faith and the universe. While he normally shies away from the concept of God, he was a little more direct than usual. The interviewer asked Tyson directly if he believes in a “creator” or God, to which he replied, “The more I look at the universe, the less convinced I am that there is something benevolent going on.”

Tyson has a very scientific mind that looks for evidence-based answers when it comes to spirituality. During the breaking interview, Tyson mentioned a wide range of natural disasters that could make life downright miserable for some people. Hurricanes, earthquakes, volcanoes, and diseases can make life on Earth incredibly hard to deal with.

While this may seem like a man denouncing his faith, it couldn’t be farther from the truth. Tyson is simply pointing out that there is no evidence of a creator. He later mentions that should science find this evidence, it isn’t an issue. This is simply where science stands as of now.

Tyson goes on to explain that religions are referred to as faiths because they often lack scientific evidence to back them up. This doesn’t mean that they are wrong, just that a person is trusting a philosophy or concept to be right. If the religion had solid proof of a benevolent God, they would be called “evidence” rather than “faith.” Instead of looking to stories for answers, Tyson is encouraging people to look for the scientific evidence in the world around them.
Previous
Next Post »

3 comments

Click here for comments
7 May 2017 at 17:13 ×

This web page:

http://www.physics-astronomy.com/2017/05/the-more-i-look-at-universe-more-im.html#.WQ-1inbyvUI

includes the video of Neil deGrasse Tyson to which this article refers.

That video does not include the line you claim he spoke: "The more I look at the universe, the more I’m convinced there’s no God", and in fact I believe that would be an uncharacteristic thing for him to say.

It does include another line that your article attributed to him: "The more I look at the universe, the less convinced I am that there is something benevolent going on."

I make no statement about whether God exist or not, or whether there is evidence that God exists or not. I simply object to what appears to be a deliberately incorrect attribution to Neil deGrasse Tyson of something he apparently did not say.

Reply
avatar
Unknown
admin
8 May 2017 at 01:59 ×

MrTyson,

If I may be so Bold...
IN the Singularity...
Division is untold...
To Unify your thinking...

A page from a Book...
I would be greatfull...
If you could take a look...

As THE Answers you search for...

Are there.

J
Facebook : Jeffrey Julian Spicer

Reply
avatar
QuestionAll
admin
9 May 2017 at 08:49 ×

Keith Thompson I hope you get this because for some odd reason I cannot tag and the reply button does not work. I wanted to say that you are exactly right. And thank you. Most of the time these things get overlooked and I absolutely cannot stand it when a video or article that says some fact is true or someone if stature has said something influential and when you proceed to click in the link, it was never said. And most of the time not even anything close to what fact they say is presented.
I love Neil degrasse Tyson. I believe he is a huge influence on younger generations. He has this weird ability to look you in the eyes and tell you that in two minutes the Earth is going to be wiped out by an asteroid. And all of you a MTG will end, and you just look at him and stay calm. Lol. He doesn't fall into mainstream science and he says it now it is, the truth which is nevertold anymore. Another that doesn't give enough credit is bill Nye. I feel that people that give false titles or info are only helping humanity on the backward slide that we are already on.

Reply
avatar